The school year is coming to a close. After a busy year, the last couple of weeks of school are a wonderful time to reflect on what your child has learned, their successes and opportunities for the summer and year ahead.
Here are some conversation starters to have with your child to stimulate dialogue.
1) What school year accomplishment are you proud of the most?
2) Are there are new skills or strategies that you learned during the year?
3) What project or homework assignment are you the most proud or excited about?
4) What are three things you did this school year to help your classmates?
5) What there something you did not know at the start of the school year, but you know now?
6) What did you learn from your biggest challenge?
7) If there was something you could change this year, what would it be?
8) Did you have a favourite part of the day in class?
9) Were there any surprises this school year?
10) Did you have a favourite story or novel in English class?
11) Was there a Science lab or experiment that you enjoyed the most and why?
12) What was the funniest thing that happened? End the school year on a positive note!
Related Articles View All
Teachers on Call has partnered with Staples for a contest in honour of Teacher Appreciation Day on October 5.
Teachers on Call shares 5 tips for parents to help with homework support
Teachers on Call shares 10 reasons why parents should attend curriculum night.