Education and STEM learning is being transformed by technology. Binders, notebooks and pencils are being supplemented by tablets and laptops.
With the right balance and avoiding unnecessary distractions, technology can enable increased learning for all students. One way to utilize technology is through apps that support self-paced learning. Apps can encourage students to be interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Although there are hundreds of STEM apps available, here are five we would recommend to enable STEM education:
1) Swift Playgrounds: Designed by Apple, this app teaches children how to code in a fun and interactive way. It requires no coding knowledge and is perfect for students starting out.
2) Crazy Gears: A creative, highly accessible and fun option for exploring physics and engineering. Crazy Gears is a problem-solving game that encourages kids to think critically, problem solve, and explore physics and other STEM topics.
3) Isaac Newton's Gravity Game: Challenge students with the amazing physics puzzles. Young learners are able to creatively obtain and then immediately apply their new knowledge of physics thanks to an introduction to levers, ramps, pulleys and more.
4) Endless Numbers: A wonderful app for young learners to develop numeracy. Kids aged 4 and up will interactively learn number recognition, sequences, quantities, patterns and more.
5) The Robot Factory: Kids can build the robot of their dreams using over 100 parts and nine colour schemes to choose from.
Related Articles View All
Teachers on Call tutoring team has selected 5 video games with an environmental science focus
Liking STEM activities is the first step towards children learning to excel in them
Teachers on Call has prepared a list of different March break camp options near you.