The winter break is less than two weeks away. While students get a well deserved break from the classroom, it doesn't mean that learning activities and opportunities have to stop. Here are some ideas to keep kids minds challenged over the break:
1) Holiday Gifts: Give a book or educational gift for your child to read or play with over the break.
3) Write a Story Together: This is a wonderful opportunity to write your own holiday story or put a spin on an original holiday classic.
4) Appreciate the Arts: There are a number of wonderful concerts and events that take place in Toronto over the holiday season including The Nutcracker.
5) Get Cooking - Engage your child in any cooking and baking. These provide numerous math learning opportunities including counting, measuring and the science behind heat.
6) Trips in the Car: Make the most of any drive or road trip to learn signs, colours, distances, letters and numbers.
7) Family Game Night: Board or card games can help reinforce skills such as drawing, counting and reading.
Related Articles View All
Teachers on Call shares 3 math resources for parents to use.
Teachers on Call shares 12 exam tips Math, English, Science and French tutors