The winter break is less than two weeks away. While students get a well deserved break from the classroom, it doesn't mean that learning activities and opportunities have to stop. Here are some ideas to keep kids minds challenged over the break:
1) Holiday Gifts: Give a book or educational gift for your child to read or play with over the break.
3) Write a Story Together: This is a wonderful opportunity to write your own holiday story or put a spin on an original holiday classic.
4) Appreciate the Arts: There are a number of wonderful concerts and events that take place in Toronto over the holiday season including The Nutcracker.
5) Get Cooking - Engage your child in any cooking and baking. These provide numerous math learning opportunities including counting, measuring and the science behind heat.
6) Trips in the Car: Make the most of any drive or road trip to learn signs, colours, distances, letters and numbers.
7) Family Game Night: Board or card games can help reinforce skills such as drawing, counting and reading.
Related Articles View All
Teachers on Call shares some great physical activities that parents and kids can do together at home in 30 minutes or less.
Teachers on Call shares 5 great ways to get outdoors and enjoy Spring.
Teachers on Call shares socially distanced Easter and spring activities with the warm weather approaching.