The end of the school year is the perfect time to reflect on goals and enjoy all the wins and changes from a year of learning. We’ve gathered twenty ideas to help you and your child celebrate all their accomplishments and make the start of summer epic.
1. Create a countdown calendar to pump up excitement during the last month of school.
2. Look back through the agenda, binders, and notebooks to see all of the great things they’ve accomplished this year.
3. On a big piece of paper list or draw all the knowledge gained over the year. Pin it up in the house so everyone can see!
4. Plan a family show and tell to share favourite pieces of work and accomplishments.
5. Write a letter to the homeroom teacher list their most significant accomplishments. These are the notes they’ll keep forever.
6. Choose favourite pieces of work and put them into a scrapbook or a notebook.
7. Pick a favourite art piece and hang it up.
8. Write notes or make pictures to each teacher telling them what they enjoyed the most.
9. Buy a book, inscribe it, and donate it to the school library.
10. Make friendship bracelets and give them to classmates.
11. Predict all the new things they’ll learn next school year. Write them down.
12. Choose a favourite piece of work and share it with a family member who lives far away—either mail it or use Facetime!
13. Go on an educational field trip to celebrate!
14. Make a summer bucket list full of activities to look forward to once school’s out.
15. List 20 fun ideas to celebrate the last day of school.
16. Find ways to serve others at school with acts of kindness.
17. Visit the library for a pile of books to enjoy once school is out.
18. Make a memory collage highlighting the year.
19. Start an end of the year tradition. Blow bubbles, plan a special meal, or an outing to look forward to every year.
20. Create a top ten list of the school year.
Related Articles View All
This month’s Hooked on Books appropriately covers the Lunar New Year with Author Flo Leung
Here are top ways to help reluctant readers maintain and improve literacy skills
6 resolutions and activities from our tutoring team to help your child catch up in either math or reading